Havens Technology Fund
Technology is critical to ensuring the success of our children and teachers during distance learning portions of the school year. This year requires an unprecedented investment in technology. We know this is a big ask, but these are the items that were identified after taking stock of existing inventory and on input from teachers and educators during last year’s distance learning.
We purchased these items in advance of the start of the school year to ensure our teachers were trained on these new devices and that all students would have access to them at the start of the year.
- Ed-tech software licenses: For the multiple new learning management, interactive video lesson, curriculum support and other programs our schools will be using this year to improve distance learning.
- Chromebooks: Each student will need a chromebook and we also want to ensure we have a few supplemental devices in the event of breakage or malfunction. Some of the chromebooks used last year have aged out and we need to invest in new touch screen devices for our youngest students. Extra devices are one reason we were able to rapidly replace Chromebooks that stopped working during distance learning last year.
- Wireless projectors. Allow teachers to connect from anywhere in the classroom. They also allow students to connect wirelessly to projectors from their devices for when we are able to return to in-person learning)
- Document cameras: Work with teachers' current devices. These allow teachers to film documents they are working on or objects they are working with and share those images with their students (these are the much more modern version of overhead projectors).
- Voice assist microphones in the classroom. Amplify teachers' voices from under their masks in an in-person teaching environment. Teachers can use them for distance learning as well as when we are able to return to in-person learning.
Thank you for your support - we won’t be able to do this without you! Donations are tax-deductible.