PRAISE: Supporting Special Education
PRAISE: Piedmonters for Resources Advocacy and Information for Special Education
PRAISE advocates for and supports students with special learning needs, and provides resources to parents and the educational community. PRAISE supports and advocates for parents of kids in special education programs, fosters inclusion for kids with learning differences, and promotes awareness and appreciation of different learning styles within the broader community. PRAISE represents families whose children have a variety of special needs, including ADHD, cerebral palsy, Down’s Syndrome, autism, dyslexia, dyscalculia, and Sensory Integration Disorder, to name just a few.
Last year, PRAISE donations supported the following programs:
- Word for Word, a summer literacy and drama program at the middle school and high school Homework Club for 4th and 5th graders
- Assistive technologies training to benefit K-12 Screening of 2E, a documentary about students who are both gifted and challenged (in collaboration with ALPS)
- Town Hall meetings with PUSD Special Education Director Positive parenting presentation by Austin Lambe, PUSD behavioral analyst
- IEP (Individualized Educational Plan) Workshop for parents
Your donation makes it possible to provide crucial training for district staff, support and information for parents, and educational programs and learning opportunities for students of all abilities. Thank you for your support!
Explanation of 3 of the possible PRAISE volunteer opportunities:
- Appreciation Committee (organizing ways of thanking the special education community within the schools)
- Grant writer (to apply for funds to support special education programs in collaboration with the school district)
- Liasons for each of the schools (we would like at least 2 liasons from each school, these representatives will take turns attending parent club meetings and other school-specific events)
Visit our website at piedmontpraise.org and friend us on Facebook @ Piedmont Praise.
PRAISE is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and your generous contribution is tax-deductible.